Hi every one it's Steve, my favorite kind of food is dessert. I am going to blog many dessert recipes including my own personal favorites/seasonal favorites. I will most likely post a new recipe every day, so make sure you keep up and follow me everyday. It would be great if you also left comments on desserts you like, or comment your own dessert recipe for me to blog. So others can enjoy your special dessert as well. I hope that every one finds this helpful and visits as much as possible.
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1/3 cup shortening
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla Dash salt
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degreees, fahrenheit.
2. Add about half of the flour, the egg, sugar, milk, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
4. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. If desired, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned. Cool cookies on a rack.
6. If desired, frost cookies with Powdered Sugar Icing.