Hi every one it's Steve, my favorite kind of food is dessert. I am going to blog many dessert recipes including my own personal favorites/seasonal favorites. I will most likely post a new recipe every day, so make sure you keep up and follow me everyday. It would be great if you also left comments on desserts you like, or comment your own dessert recipe for me to blog. So others can enjoy your special dessert as well. I hope that every one finds this helpful and visits as much as possible.
1 cup self-rising flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup light brown sugar
slighty less then 1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 cup finely grated carrot
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
walnut pieces, for decoration
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup full-fat cream cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
1 tsp lemon juice
Directions1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F, and lightly grease an 8 inch square cake pan and line with baking parchment.
2. Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon and stir in brown sugar. Add eggs and oil and mix well.
3. Stir in carrot, coconut and walnuts.
4. Pour mixture into cake pan and back for 20-25 minutes, or until firm. Cool in the pan.
5. For frosting - beat together butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until fluffy and creamy.
6. Spread frosting on cake and decorate with walnut pieces.