Hi every one it's Steve, my favorite kind of food is dessert. I am going to blog many dessert recipes including my own personal favorites/seasonal favorites. I will most likely post a new recipe every day, so make sure you keep up and follow me everyday. It would be great if you also left comments on desserts you like, or comment your own dessert recipe for me to blog. So others can enjoy your special dessert as well. I hope that every one finds this helpful and visits as much as possible.
3 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla Ground nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
1/3 cup sugar (for caramel)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Beat till well combined but not foamy.
3. Place four 6 oz custard cups or one 3 1/2 -cup soufflé dish in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish on an oven rack.
4. Pour egg mixture into custard cups or dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired.
5. Pour boiling water into the baking dish around custard cups or dish to a depth of 1 inch.
6. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes for custard cups (50 to 60 minutes for dish) or till a knife inserted near the center or centers comes out clean.
7. Serve warm or chilled If desired, loosen edges of individual custards with a spatula or knife, slipping point of spatula down sides to let air in; invert onto dessert plates.
8. Caramel Flan: Prepare as above, except in a heavy saucepan cook 1/3 cup sugar over medium- high heat (do not stir) until sugar begins to melt; shake saucepan occasionally. Reduce heat to low and cook till sugar is golden brown; stir frequently.
9. Divide sugar mixture among custard cups. Tilt to coat bottoms. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add egg mixture Bake individual custards as above.