Hi every one it's Steve, my favorite kind of food is dessert. I am going to blog many dessert recipes including my own personal favorites/seasonal favorites. I will most likely post a new recipe every day, so make sure you keep up and follow me everyday. It would be great if you also left comments on desserts you like, or comment your own dessert recipe for me to blog. So others can enjoy your special dessert as well. I hope that every one finds this helpful and visits as much as possible.
2 3/4 oz dark chocolate, broken into pieces
2 egg whites
pinch of salt
1 cup superfine sugar
1 1/4 cups ground almonds
Directions1. Preheat oven to 300 degreees, fahrenheit and grease 2 cookie sheets with margarine and line with baking parchment paper or rice paper.
2. Melt dark chocolate pieces in a double boiler, then cool slightly.
3. Beat egg whites with salt until they form soft peaks.
4. Gradually whisk superfine sugar into the egg whites, then fold in ground almonds and cooled melted chocolate unitl all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
5. Place heaping teaspoons of the mixture on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them well apart and spread into drops about 2 1/2 inches across. Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the macaroons are firm to the touch when pressed with a finger.
6. Cool slightly before carefully lifting the macaroons from the cookie sheets. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.