Hi every one it's Steve, my favorite kind of food is dessert. I am going to blog many dessert recipes including my own personal favorites/seasonal favorites. I will most likely post a new recipe every day, so make sure you keep up and follow me everyday. It would be great if you also left comments on desserts you like, or comment your own dessert recipe for me to blog. So others can enjoy your special dessert as well. I hope that every one finds this helpful and visits as much as possible.
German Chocolate Cake
1 4 oz package German sweet cooking chocolate
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened, or shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
Coconut Pecan Frosting:
1 - 5 oz can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan combine chocolate and 1/3 cup water, cook and stir over low heat until melted. Cool.
3. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
4. Add chocolate mixture, milk, margarine, and vanilla.
5. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
6. Add eggs and beat 2 minutes more.
7. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 x 1 1/2 or 9 x 1 1/2 inch round baking pans.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool on racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans.
10. Cool on racks.
In a saucepan beat egg slightly. Stir in milk sugar, and margarine. Cook and stir over medium heat about 12 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in coconut and pecans. Cool thoroughly. Spread on cake.