Hi every one it's Steve, my favorite kind of food is dessert. I am going to blog many dessert recipes including my own personal favorites/seasonal favorites. I will most likely post a new recipe every day, so make sure you keep up and follow me everyday. It would be great if you also left comments on desserts you like, or comment your own dessert recipe for me to blog. So others can enjoy your special dessert as well. I hope that every one finds this helpful and visits as much as possible.
Chocolate Layer Cake
1 3/4 cups superfine sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 tbsp butter, melted
7 oz dark chocolate
1/2 cup butter
4 tbsp confectioner's sugar
2/3 cup toasted almonds, lightly crushed
small chocolate curls or grated chocolate
1. Grease a deep 9 inch square pan and line the base with baking parchmanet.
2. Beat the eggs and superfine sugar with an electric beater for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is very light and foamy and the beater leaves a trail that lasts a few seconds when lifted.
3. Soft the flour and cocoa together and fold half into the mixture. Drizzle the melted butter over it and fold in the rest of the flour and cocoa. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Cool slightly, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
4. For the filling, melt the chocolate and butter together, then remove from the heat. Stir in the confectioner's sugar, let cool, then beat until thick enough to spread.
5. Half the cake length-wise and cut each half into 3 layers. Sandwich the layers together with three-quarters of the chocolate filling. Spread the remainder over the cake and mark a wavy pattern on the top. Press the almonds onto the sides. Decorate with chocolate curls or grated chocolate.